The International Masonry Institute is a joint labor-management trust dedicated to promoting the masonry industry. At the Las Vegas BAC training center IMI is ready to serve all union masonry training needs, including:
- Pre-job apprentice skills training by industry needs
- Specialty training in stone, tile, marble, mosaic, terrazzo, pointing/cleaning/caulking, brick and block, refractory, plastering and cement masonry
- Journeyman upgrading
- Cross-craft training
- Safety training in all industry standards and regulations
- Annual instructor certification
- Rapid response mobile training units to meet specific project or skill need
Southern Nevada Training Center – 3900 W. Quail Ave. Las Vegas, NV. 89118
702-876-6563 - Fax: 702-876-6476 - www.imiweb.org/
TEAM IMI (BAC 13 NV Apprenticeship Program) Staff:
Training schedule - View Full IMI Training Calendar
- Jack Gray, IMI Coordinator
- Laura Renova, Instructor Assistant
- Jack Gray, Print Reading and Foremen Training
- WORKING TILE SETTERS – School is every other week. Thursday 5pm-8pm and Saturday 8am-1pm. (Ongoing) see schedule for exact dates.
WORKING FINISHERS – School is every Tuesday 5pm-8pm (ongoing).
NON WORKING TILE SETTERS & FINISHERS – School is Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm.
School for Brick Layers in Reno please see schedule for exact dates.
School for Tile Setters in Reno please see schedule for exact dates.
Brick , PCC and Marble Las Vegas please see schedule for exact dates.
- Our application process is a divided into four parts:
- A. Applications are available on the first Monday of every month from 8:00 AM -12:00 PM. All applicants need a Legal ID, a Social Security Card, Birth Certificate and a High School Diploma or GED.
- B. After we receive the application and number it, within three weeks the applicant is called in for an interview.
- C. The applicants are given an interview consisting of a math test, verbal and in most cases a hands-on evaluation. The applicant is given a percentage based on their trade skill. This percentage is from 50% to 100%. This determines where he or she will enter the program.
- D.When the Union is in need of these apprentices, they are then able to join the union and procure employment. That is also when they start their formal training with the IMI.
For all training information contact:
John Gray, Instructor/Coordinator
702-876-6563, fax 702-876-6476
The training center is located at:
BAC Local 13 Union Hall
3900 W. Quail Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89118